Monday, November 9, 2009

Weight Loss

I had two goals I wanted to reach before I turned 60 this past June. I wanted to quit smoking and loose weight. Well I managed to quit smoking on October 23rd, 2008 and then on April23, 2009 I went back to Weight Watcher's. I am a life time member so I know what it was all about and thought for sure by June I would reach my goal. That was very unrealistic for me, I know now. It is November 9th and I am still 5lbs away from that goal. The last few weeks have been really hard, I loose on week and gain it back the next so I am getting no place and it is a little discouraging to me. I have started to walk my mile and quarter or more 6 days a week so I am hoping that helps.
I weigh in on Thursday so I will be back then

12 comments:

Kerry'd Away Designs said...

Good for you for quitting smoking that's a really tough habit to stop. I know how you feel about weight though. Sending you postive thoughts and I hope you get to your goal.

Anonymous said...

Best of luck. Those last few pounds are the hardest!!

Fun Mama - Deanna said...

Good luck with your goal! I'm a lifetime member too, but I've been struggling for a while. I'm too embarrassed to go back! I know it's silly. Your story is encouraging.

Anonymous said...

good luck with your last few pounds my goal is to loose 8 more before chrsitmas

Val from shimelles class:)

Linda said...

Good luck with your last 5lbs! Well done for getting this far - I know how hard it is! Linda from Shimelle's class

Kim Winter said...

Losing weight is so difficult. I have been trying to lose 10 pounds for what seems like forever.

Anonymous said...

A very big well done on quitting smoking. Only fellow ex-smokers really know just how hard it is to do that.

Keep at it and you will lose those last few pounds. You sound so determined!

Deb said...

Great job so far on your goals!!! both are so hard to do and you've accomplished one! Nothing to sneeze at that's for sure.

Margie said...

That is awesome. I've done WW too. I'm also a lifetime member and know the challenges. You know how to do it and you'll do it again. You've got the additional challenge of the absence of smoking so you deserve double congrats for taking both of these on and succeeding!! KUDOS to you!

Sian said...

Good luck with your goal! I'll be back to check out how you've been getting on

Tammy said...

I hope that the weigh-in went well. I'm impressed that you've kept it up past your goal date. Good for you! I had lost 20 lbs. and was so excited then I got sick and have been on steroids and antibiotics for 3 months now. The steroids do terrible things to weight. As soon as I'm off of them I'm dieting and working out again. Great job and I wish you continued success.

Brittany said...

Good luck with the weight loss! It is awesome that you quit smoking!! :)